Tuesday, 2 December 2014

Monday 1st December: The zone social and quiz evening, Gordon & Julie join us and it is beyond parody. The food is good, but it's unclear if the starter is a starter, or a main course given the variety and volume available.

Jayesh has decided he is the question master, and we have to raise our hands to answer his questions, Julie acts as score keeper. After an hour of of this knock about, we begin to wonder if the starter was the main course as well, Jayesh disappears to find the main course. It appears ten minutes later, brought in by a little Chinese man in his coat, bizarre.

I meet Aarti from Leicester Lionesses, DG Alan Hall is there and a lady called Madelaine recognises me from Petfoods, she used to be one of our nurses. MM Lions are well represented, but all by ladies, and they say that the male/female ratio at their club is around 50/50, mmmmm!

Not sure I would encourage our members to join this function again, but Jayesh collars me at the end and suggests that the next zone meeting is held at our club, not quite sure what he means, need to find out.

In the morning I deliver a food parcel to the young lady that contacted me via our new Facebook page, she has a 4 year old son with a rare genetic condition, and had asked whether they qualified. I tell them about our possible donation type support as well as Make-a-Wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment