Wednesday 16th July: Petanque at the Wheatsheaf, and guests Bob Wallace & Adam Lowe both turn up, and both enjoy themselves. A subsequent email to forward a link to our website and an invite to next meeting and The Cream Tea. Adam & Julie will join us on 7th September, and Bob will be coming along to our next meeting.
Good progress regarding new members!
The evening had started earlier at the Nelson with a one-to-one with David Ford. He's frustrated with the lack of progress, cannot get his team together, and believes no one is up for real change. I explain how I started at the club, actions, more than words. David offers to stand his committee down, but continue to work with Mike, Paul & I. I suggest that this is a little hasty, and let's see where we are in three months time, David agrees.
David makes the point that he is also representing members who have yet to join, but I counter with the view that I do not believe that the Whipper In represents a go/no-go issue for anyone considering joining, or if it does, maybe they have the wrong priorities.
Anyway the conversation itself was the important thing, and we'll see if it moderates David's impatience.
No comments:
Post a Comment