Thursday 28th August: A visit from Brian Skevington to discuss fireworks; I commit to produce the tickets and posters again, but challenge the pricing. I suggest we raise the cost of entry on the night from £4 to £5 but leave the cost of pre-bought tickets at £3.50. This should do two things, firstly increase the incentive to purchase beforehand, and hence reduce our bad weather risk, and secondly, ease the handling of money on the gate. Not sure Brian is convinced, but ask him to confirm with Mike before tickets and posters go to print.
Brian also wants to introduce a Carol Concert for 2015 at Oakham School Chapel, and asks me to pen a letter to the Reverend Alex Aldous, which I commit to.
I also mention the need to communicate with Major Crouch as fireworks is only two months away. Brian will write the letter, I will sign it as President.
We then chew the fat over various stuff including the enigma Shane. Brian says he was quiet to start with at David Ford's meeting, but opened up gradually and contributed well at the end; all team members have actions from the meeting. Brian also thinks my proposal to move from apologies to confirmation of attendance at Wednesday meetings a sensible idea, we'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment