Wednesday, 19 November 2014

Monday 17th November: More thought over the weekend about the 40th anniversary, and how to tackle Mike Saywood. In hindsight I'm glad I didn't rush to reply to the emails, it needed a calmer response and today I discuss with Mike & Charles. Both agree the Officers wanted a "gala event".

I suggest that in that case I need to talk to Mike one-to-one, but I really don't want to lose another Officer, one might be considered an accident, two would be considered a trend.

Mike offers, which I had thought might be a good approach in that it's not me and Mike is an executive member of the Social committee. So we will wait and see how he fares.

Emma Dodds had forwarded me an invoice from Hubbard's Lodge, £140 for stabling 14 horses on the night of the fireworks. I'm not surprised, the Major had suggested that we ought to pay for their extra work.

After some email discussion with David Wood, Mike Owers and Paul, I decide we will offer to make a donation of £250 to a charity of their choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment