Wednesday, 26 November 2014

Wednesday 26th November: Paul & I meet two prospective members, Tim & Maggie Ellwood-Wade in Costa. They're new to the area, live in Edith Weston and made contact with us at our pitch at the Rutland Water Show.

They seem lively, but as a confirmed atheist, Tim is worried when I mention  the word "Fellowship", "you're not religious I hope". I suggest he substitutes the word Friendship, and assure him that we are Apolitical and Secular.

Later in the morning Paul and I give a talk to a group of people with dementia and their carers at VAR. The slideshow goes down well, as does the discussion we have afterward. A gentleman called Frank Foster declares his hand as a past District Governor, and at 92, he's looks more lively than some of our members.

Coffee with Paul & Charles, and then a call from Mike Cropper. He has done the job with Mike Saywood, and MS has agreed to the scale of the event, and that it needs a separate team to deliver it. Who should chair the team I ask naively, Mike confirms they both believe that I should, which is fine by me.

Paul also asks me if I would be interested in chairing Community Service next year, as it seems that Margaret Owers may be getting cold feet; I'll let him know.

So, all in all a good morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment